Recipe taken from Caveman Gourmet
16oz brussel sprouts
16oz cubed butternut squash
4 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut off the ends of the brussel sprouts and take off any wilted outer leaves. Halve the brussel sprouts (you can leave whole if you like). In a large mixing bowl, mix the sprouts and squash with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pour them on an baking pan and roast for 35-40 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
4 Large Apples
1 T Cinnamon
1 Cup Raisin
1 Cup Diced Ham
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
4 T Coconut Oil (1 T per apple)
1 T Almond Meal
#1 – Place Raisins in a large mixing bowl
#2 – Add Juice of 1 lemon to Raisins and allow to marinate for 10 minutes
#3 – Core each apple
#4 – Sprinkle each apple with cinnamon
#5 – Add Ham, Raisins, and Chopped Pecans
#6 - Top with Coconut Oil and Almond Meal
#7 – Cover with Foil and Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
#8 – Remove Foil and Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
And there you have it – a sweet and savory fall time dish – Baked-Stuffed Apples
1-2 pounds of white fish, I used cod, cut into strips
1 cup of almond meal
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
A bunch of big whole romaine leaves
From Trader Joes: Bag of broccoli slaw
Salsa Athentica (Does not contain sugar)
This recipe requires minimal cooking and mostly putting everything together.
1. Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
2. Put the almond meal in another small bowl.
3. Dip the fish strips into the egg and then the almond meal.
4.Cook the “breaded” fish in a skillet with some oil (I used coconut – delicious!) on medium high heat for about 5-6 minutes on either side, or until fish is cooked through.
5. Put a romaine leaf on a plate and construct your taco! Add broccoli slaw, avocado, tomato, fish, salsa and a squeeze of lemon, or whatever else you like on your fish tacos.
Recipe taken from CrossFit LA’s Sweet Cheeks Blog. Another very useful resource.
This pie is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free– Most importantly guilt-free & delicious. Enjoy!
1 ½ cups almond flour
¼ cup melted butter, or coconut oil
1/8 cup honey
1 ½ cups of pumpkin puree
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup honey
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4. Prepare the filling: Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
5. Gently pour the filling into the crust and attach strips of aluminum foil to the perimeter of the crust, covering it fully to keep it from getting burned. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until the center of the pie ‘sets’ (is no longer liquidy). Be sure to check on the pie about half way through- turn 180 degrees if necessary.
1 Whole Chicken
1 Large Sweet Onion
1 Sweet Potato
1 cup Brussel Sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Clean Chicken and pat dry. Then season with paprika and chili powder.
3. Place chicken in a cast iron skillet and throw in the oven for 20 minutes. During these 20 minutes your going to want to prepare the veggies.
4. Skin the Sweet potato and dice into small cubes. The smaller these are cut the sweeter they will become in the oven.
5. Cut the stems off the brussel sprouts and then halve them. Finally cut the onion in slices.
6. Add all of your veggies at the 20 minute mark and then throw everything back in for an additional 25 minutes. When the timer finishes you will have a delicious meal ready to eat.