Three rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
Run 400 meters
1. Starting in September, we are holding an 8 week contest to see which athlete can improve the most. Although we are only measuring results in the gym, it is called the zone challenge. This is because we are confident that in order to win the contest, you will have to be in the Zone. Measuring Day will be Monday August 31st. Everyone interested in receiving a block prescription will have an opportunity to measure themselves between the 6pm and 6:45 pm classes. If this time is not possible we will try to be flexible. The prizes are as follows:
1st prize- 1 month unlimited membership and get to create a workout named after “you”
2nd prize- 50,000 membership rewards points
3rd prize- 10,000 membership rewards points
Social and Naturalistic Wellness
Form and Explosiveness are the priorities today.
Some peoples hands are chewed up. If your looking for an alternative workout to be done on your own, we suggest:
4-400 meter sprints w/a 2 minute rest between each.
1. The final Running Workshop of the season takes place this Saturday at Pier A.
2. Have someone that you would like to see at CrossFit. We now offer Gift Cards. Plus, if they sign up, you’ll get $50 referral bonus.
3. If you are a new member and would like to sign up for beyond the whiteboard, come see Craig in the gym or email your account username to us.
After the Gun
Off the Wagon
With a continuously running clock do one sprint the first minute, two sprints (ie. down and back) the second minute, three sprints (down back down) the third minute… continuing as long as you are able.
Quick Survey, which weekend would people be more available. September 12th or September 26th? Please only post to comments if you are interested in the trip.
Click here to sign up
1 pork loin
2 teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon natural cocoa powder
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
½ medium mango (sliced and cut into chunks)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ small shallot (minced)
Preheat oven to 425 F. Rinse your pork loin and trim any fat to make the surface of the loin smooth for rubbing. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and the cocoa. Then use your hands to rub the mixture evenly over the pork.
Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Brown the tenderloin in the skillet on all sides, about 5 minutes.
Being careful not to lose the juices, transfer the pork loin to a Pyrex pan and slide into the oven. Cook for 12-15 more minutes. Check the loin after that time period by cutting into it. If still pink, cook a few minutes longer.
In a small bowl, lightly mix mango, cilantro, shallot and lemon juice. Serve with slices of pork.
Recipe taken from marksdailyapple.com
which begins August 31st is now available for registration.We have capped the number of people to ensure quality teaching. First come first serve. Please click here to register.
Other notable events:
1. USAT Running Clinic with USAT Coach Bill Garelick. Topics covered include: Overall body positioning The utilization of gravity to “pull” you forward Proper foot strike positioning Why you should NOT push off the ground Optimal foot strike cadence per minute Counter balancing the body during the “pull” Proper running shoes Correct heart rate zones for both aerobic and anaerobic training Tips and cues to help improve running Questions and answers segment about running including tips for triathletes Bring with you some water, running shoes and some comfortable workout clothes. NOTE: Enrollment will be limited to 6 people
2. This Thursday night we are having our second “CrossFit Night of Awesomeness”. So far we have 22 people confirmed. Click HERE to confirm your attendance.
3 rounds for max reps of:
1 min right arm db snatch
1 min left arm db snatch
1 min right arm db clean and jerk
1 min left arm db clean and jerk
1 min db sit-up
Rest 1 min between rounds
Score=total reps from all 3 rounds
Tabata Front Squats 65lbs (don’t hesitate to use dumbells for scaling)
Tabata Row (calories)
Total number of reps = your score
I think he is cheating on his burpees