3 catfish filets
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (you could go 1/2 tsp. depending on how hot you like it)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sea salt (optional… I used celtic sea salt)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
4 tsp. olive oil
1 head cauliflower
Dirty rice spices:
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery
1 bell pepper
1/4 C green onions
Spices: 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp black pepper
Greens… like collard, chard or spinach (I used a mix of all
1. Shred the cauliflower in a food processor to make a “rice”.
2. In a saute pan heat 1 tsp olive oil and saute garlic and onion.
3. Add bell pepper, celery, and green onion.
4. Stir in spices and fresh parsley. Add to cauliflower and mix well.
5. Microwave cauliflower, covered with plastic wrap for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
6. 1. In a cast iron pan, heat oil. Mix all the spices together and season fish on both sides. When oil is hot, add catfish to pan and pan fry for about 3-5 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
7. Don’t forget the greens! A great Southern dish wouldn’t be the same without some sauteed greens! Sauteed some garlic in olive oil and add a collard and spinach green mix.
Recipe taken from Eat this